I have been tagged by Shannah at Book Reviews by Shannah. Thanks, girl! I'm honored you'd think of me!
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions
11 Facts about myself:
1. I'm from the Ozarks.
2. I collect Barnes and Noble Leatherbound Classics
3. My guest blogger, Andrew, is my boyfriend ;)
4. His mother is also my voice teacher!
5. I'm a Cosmetologist
6. I'm studying to be a Librarian (preferably in an Elementary school)
7. I go to Barnes and Noble at least 2 or 3 times a week to keep up-to-date with what's selling, homework assignments, and read picture books for homework assignments
8. I LOVE Children's books and have begun writing a middle-grade novel
9. My favorite drink at Starbucks is a White Chocolate Toffee Nut Soy Frappuccino
10. I meet a lot of authors that I review because I do their hair
11. I'm on the Worship Team at my church
My answers to Shanna's Questions:
1. Where is your favorite place to read? I've kind of made my bedroom into a little magical fairy land. lol I love reading under my canopy and fairy lights and castle tapestry!
2. What are you looking forward to doing this summer? Well. I'm taking summer classes, so I'll be glad to have a break by taking a trip to West Virginia with Andrew and his family.
3. Do you prefer e-books or paperback/hardback books? Paperback/hardback books. Between the two I prefer hardback because they are easier to handle and wear down less.
4. If you could meet one historical person, who would it be? Amelia Earhart, so I could ask her what territory she was planning to cover exactly when she disappeared.
5. You are on a deserted island. You can wish for three things. What would they be? I'm assuming I can't wish to get off the island? lol 1) A magic carpet 2) A few great books for the trip 3) A companion to make things interesting
6. Who is your favorite fictional character of all time? Dumbledore
7. What is the greatest lesson you have learned from reading a fiction book? "It is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities" - Harry Potter
8. Do you love your job? Uhhhh.....lol Let's just say I'll be much happier when I'm surrounded by books all day.
9. What is your favorite quote? "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-I took the one less traveled. And that has made all the difference" -Robert Frost
10. Do you like to buy new books or are you ok with used? I'm okay with used as long as the condition is good. Unless it's a super old looking leather-bound book, then the older and the more worn, the better!
11. What have you learned about yourself lately? It's okay if I'm not where I would like to be at this point in my life. The point is that I'm still trying to get to where I'm going.
Fran ~ Freeborboleta
Shelly ~ ShellyHammond37
Crystal ~ A Book Loving Girl
Melissa ~ Harley Bear Book Blog
Lady Pink ~ The Pink Bookshelf
April ~ My Shelf Confessions
Tabitha ~ Not Yet Read
Kimberly ~ Caffeinated Book Reviewer
Liis & Inga ~ Me and Reading
Katie ~ Katie's Book Blog
Jacquelynne ~ The Hardcover Obsession
(No pressure! you don't have to participate if you don't want to)
1. If you were transported in time to the setting of the last book you read, where would you be?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. Are you going anywhere this summer?
4. Wallflowers, candles, or incense?
5. What is the worst book you've ever read?
6. Who is your favorite fictional character of all time?
7. Which fictional character were you hoping the author would kill off, and like, ASAP?
8. What book cover has appealed to you the most this year?
9. Are you a Whovian?
10. What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen Swallow?
11. If you would recommend ONE book for everyone to read, which one would it be?